setembro 10, 2005

now, that's magic!

(...) the sound of small feet running through the orchard. trees that looked like tower blocks on Lower Manhattan. but they were alive on the inside. climbing them, breaking branches. getting cuts and bruises all over my arms and legs. just to find out why the birds spent so much time there. what could they be looking at? i never could see anything up there that could be interesting to a bird. all i saw was the vastness of the sky. cotton candy clouds racing along the horizon. an orange sun bursting with energy you could almost hold between your fingers. but nothing that would catch a bird's attention. summer days were long, but not long enough to figure it out. until that day came along. when i was laying in the field and the slight breeze brushed my hair across my face. the birds! to this day i remember i ran as fast as i possibly could to that tree. with clumsy movements ascending to my lookout point. sitting in a rock solid branch for hours and finally seeing what had always been in front of me. that day, my childhood began (...)