setembro 12, 2005

ballroom games

words are meaningless to convey what i felt when i first saw you in that crowded room. the sun melted clouds and hearts in a promise of warmth throughout the remainder of that summer. desire flew from me to you across the empty space. your silent laugh taunted me, compelled me to waltz around the crowd to steal a moment of your night. my legs tremble, my speech is impaired and i get washed aside by a wave of people carrying a handful of death sentences. swept away by a thick white cloud. timing is everything and it seems i'm always late. i try to catch up with the relentless pacing of my heart. but the room is empty. apart from the wine bottles rolling on the floor. liquid remains of a party that never really started. they could try to peel the layers around it. but i'm never around. timing is everything and i'm always trying to catch up with my heart. the relentless pacing that keeps crushing my heart.