março 06, 2005

(e)motion

the clock screams at me every single day
a brief reminder of what lies ahead
a face-off like in westerns
on empty streets bleeding gunshots
will i be able to just walk away from it?
will i try to reach for the gun?
if so, what will i aim when i shoot?
myself or someone else?

feelings change as the weather
and it's never been so cold...

metal wings steering me home
back into an ocean of doubt
without any lifeline to help me
i fear i may end up drowning
forever trapped within
whatever is inside me

distances grow like grass
and it's never been so green...

it'll always be like this
branches on the other side of the tree
will continue growing
this side will remain in the shade
watching flowers in bloom
old roots starting to go
and the seeds falling in sterile ground

illusions disappear with time
and it's never been so clear...

got to keep in motion
got to keep the (e)motion
in my heart