novembro 26, 2004

movies of myself - Rufus Wainwright - 23 de Setembro 2003

Subway driver blues

subway driver, take me out of this place
bury me deep underground
i can't stand the sunlight anymore
burning my skin
corroding my flesh
splash me all around
bring colour and awe to this dark candle-lit maze
let’s make a feast for the mice lurking around
give them something to be happy for
indulge their primitive pleasures
and ours
tell me you never felt it
that eerie feeling coming up your spine
you want to give in
but something holds you back
a voice inside your head
suddenly scared
not so confident as usual
feeling threatened
pleading for its life
you just close the doors and roll along
oblivious to other peoples thoughts
you’ve seen it all before
countless times before
it’s just comes with the trade
but you rarely see the image fade
haunting you throughout the nights
a sight you’ll never lose
it’s just the subway driver blues


costumer information: delays are occurring in the following lines…